Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you enter or provide on our website at youlikecars.com or smartphone application (our services), such as when you complete our online form to create an account to post material on our services, or post material on our services, or access our services from a smartphone application. This information may include your name, gender and location. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our services
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes regarding the use of our services and the third party services which you have used or visited (such as restaurants or attractions) as a result of our services, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of your visits to our services including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own analysis purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, the listings you have viewed or parts of our services that you have posted content to
- Details from your Facebook or other social media network (?Third Party Service Provider?) account through which you login to our services or which are integrated with our services (such as your profile picture, gender, age and location) and further information provided by you to the Third Party Service Provider, such as pages or products you have liked
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our services and to deliver a better and more personalised service on our website and smartphone application. Cookies are widely used in order to make our services function more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of our services and service providers listed on our services.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or the device from which you access our services
- To provide you with information or anything else that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. By using our services, you consent to the use of your information for this purpose
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our services
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties (such as the service providers who have listings on our services) to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and amenities which may be of interest to you.
We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and amenities similar to those which you have commented or posted materials about on our services.
We, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, they, will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please email us cookie [at] youlikecars.co.uk.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers and service providers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by emailing us contact [at] youlikecars.co.uk.
Our services may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.